Friday, October 04, 2013

Ap Jai sa koi nahin

One month ago, my child was deeply engrossed in perfecting a Hindi dance routine for the annual school cultural concert. This marked the inaugural stage performance by class PP-A of Tencholing Primary School. Among the participants was my six-year-old daughter, Kezang Chuki, who took part in a rendition of the classic Hindi song "Ap Jaisa Koi Nahin."

Anticipation filled the auditorium as the audience gathered for the commencement of the event, and the excitement was palpable as the chairperson opened the first show. As a parent, I joined the ranks of many eagerly awaiting the second performance, "Ap Jaisa Koi Nahin." This particular show held great significance as it marked the debut stage appearance for these young students since their enrollment in the school.

The moment arrived, met with a burst of exhilaration, as the children stepped onto the stage adorned in red skirts and white shirts, their faces adorned with carefully applied makeup. Amidst this vibrant scene, spotting my own daughter presented a minor challenge, eventually relieved by the realization that she held a prominent position in the front row.

I extend my heartfelt gratitude to Madam Tshomo, the dedicated class teacher of PP-A, and her team for nurturing and refining my child's abilities. Through their efforts, my daughter's perspective has broadened, allowing her to perceive the world with new clarity.

Teaching, I acknowledge, is an intricate task, especially when it involves young children such as mine. While some may perceive teaching as solely the responsibility of educators, I hold a different view. Teaching stands as a profession that lays the foundation for all other vocations. Instead of dwelling on this point, my primary intention is to express gratitude to all the teachers dedicated to instructing class PP. My message is simple: please persevere in your teaching efforts, for your capability and dedication are undeniable.

Regrettably, circumstances beyond my control prevented my child's participation in the second show due to a personal emergency that necessitated a trip to Thimphu. Nonetheless, I wish to emphasize that my child's enthusiasm for the performance remains unwavering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template Design modified by Ugyen Dorji Teacher | |